Amarillo Linux Users Group

Meeting Information   •    IRC & XChat Howto   •    IRC   •    Stuff To Wear   •    RSS
User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Search

Who's Online
Dot Online Guests : 7
Dot Online Users : 0
Dot Hidden Users : 0
Dot Total Users : 7

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: small and fast GNU/Linux distro SliTaz - asking for free mirroring  (Read 874 times)
david_ozura
New to ALUG

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:57:16 am »

Hi!

SliTaz is a free operating system, working completely in RAM and booting from removable media such as a cdrom or USB key. SliTaz is distributed as a LiveCD, and weighs less than 30MB. The system is quick and responsive, clean and robust. SliTaz is simple and intuitive, providing a lightweight, elegant desktop, detailed documentation and easy to use configuration tools.

Does anybody know where/ who can we contact for hosting the distribution (free mirroring on server).

SliTaz is mirrored (http://www.slitaz.org/en/get/):
* Switzerland - Mirror hosted by SWITCHmirror (10 Gbit/s) HTTP or FTP
* France - Mirror hosted by Botux (200 Mps) HTTP
* France - Mirror hosted by Mésobius (100 Mps) HTTP
* France - Mirror hosted by TuxFamily via HTTP or FTP -
* China - Mirror hosted by LupaWorld HTTP

Thank you for your answer.

Best, David from Slovenia
Marty
Administrator
Addicted to ALUG

The Real Slim Shady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:35:20 am »

Hey David,
I'm the person to contact. I bet we can provide a USA mirror for you. Your distro is only 30MB, so it shouldn't cost us anything. I don't think I can host your packages iso since it is so large, but I'll host your live cd isos. Do you guys have an rsync server set up for me to mirror?
Also you should note, I block all traffic from the Apnic region (China, Korea, Japan, Australia, etc) due to abuse. If that's acceptable, shoot me a PM with the mirror info. Thanks!

-Marty

whatis sex
sex: nothing appropriate.
The Doctor
Administrator
Addicted to ALUG

Home Sweet Home

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:04:03 pm »

I managed to get SliTaz 2.0 running in VirtualBox, but only as a live CD.  My attempts to install the OS to an 8 Gig virtual partition have failed.  This may be a limitation of VirtualBox.

I have placed a screenshot in the Gallery section of this forum.

It seems like a very smooth and stable running OS.  For such a small ISO image, it's packed with quite a few programs and tools.  This would make an ideal OS for a Netbook.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Pages: [1]
Print

Jump to: